Do you want to boost health, but lack motivation? Perhaps you feel off-kilter, and want to regain balance and enthusiasm for daily living.
Try out these 16 one minute health boosters to see how little time, money, and effort it takes to enhance self-care, feel happier, and increase your sense of well-being.
1. Drink a tall one, an 8 oz. glass of water several times during the day. This will keep you hydrated, helps digestion and elimination, and makes you feel dewy fresh.
2. Eat a half cup of beans several times during the week. Beans are an excellent low cost, fat free source of protein and fiber. Beans including pintos, black beans, kidney beans, and navy beans rev up energy and help maintain regularity.
3. Set daily goals for exercise. It takes less than a minute to connect with YouTube. Reserve time for a video workout by selecting a yoga, aerobic exercise, or circuit training video. Exercise pays off by reducing stress, helps keep you fit, and elevates mood.
4. Practice one of these methods that helps you breathe deeply from Web MD. Deep breathing curbs anxiety and tension and sends nourishing oxygen to all parts of your body.
5. Snack on a serving (1/2 cup) of fresh sweet peas for a healthy treat. This green veggie has more vitamin C than 2 large apples and more protein than a tablespoon of peanut butter.
6. Splash your face with cool water to revive yourself. Nix drinking an alcoholic beverage to numb emotions, or as a pick me up.
7. Take a 20 second break to disengage from electronic devices and screens by standing up. Move 20 feet away from equipment, desk, or work area. Use another 20 seconds to blink, sigh, or yawn. Down time conserves eyesight and prevents body aches and pain.
9. Say “no” when you need to. Bowing out of tasks you really don't want or need to do, helps you keep check on your energy and resources. Setting this boundary allows you to meet your own needs first, and use extra time to help those you can.
10. Surround yourself with colors you love in home and office, and take in the health boosting effects of color energy. Read Color Ideas to Cultivate Happiness for additional color tips.
12. Shed shoes at your front door. Then, see how much easier it is to keep floors clean and reduce environmental pollutants you track into your home.
13. Hug a family member or friend to get those good feelings flowing. Kiss your significant other, and praise your kids to spread the love and encourage each other.
15. Stretch by reaching up to the sky, and bend over with soft knees to reach for your toes. Next, stand tall and roll your shoulders back, up, forward, and down. Stretching relieves sore muscles, reduces tension, and relaxes shoulders, neck, and body.
16. Create a mental or written gratitude list. Give thanks for blessings and observe how fast your outlook improves.
These one minute health boosters have worked really well for me, and can help you.
Have my ideas motivated you to amp up self-care? There’s nothing like the present to start.
Add a few at a time into your wellness routine. Before you know it, you’ll feel better, look better, and smile a lot more.
Please share which health boosters you use . Put details in the comments section below.
Are there other self-care practices that are part of your routine, but not mentioned? Please let me know.
Which health booster are you reluctant to try? Let me know about that too.
This post is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. If you need medical advice, consult with your health care provider.
Please don't put links in your comments, as I cannot publish them that way. Thanks for understanding.
Wishing you good luck as you proceed and sending positive energy to...
Please share the love on social media with a link back to this post.